right of withdrawal
- The consumer can terminate an agreement regarding the purchase of a product within the cooling off period of 14 days without penalty and without giving any reason.
- The cooling off period mentioned in article 1 is valid from the day following, the consumer or a third party assigned by consumer, who is not the transporter, has received the product, or:
- if the consumer has purchased several products in the same order: the day on which the consumer, or a third party assigned by consumer, has received the final product. Raintap can, only if the consumer has been clearly informed about this prior to the ordering process, refuse an order of multiple products if the shipping dates are different;
- If the delivery of a product consists of different shipments or parts: the day on which the consumer, or a third party assigned by consumer, has received the final shipment or the final part; or
- with conditions for frequent delivery of products during a set period: the day on which the consumer, or a third party assigned by consumer, has received the first product.
- The consumer can terminate a service agreement and an agreement for the delivery of digital content, which is not delivered on a physical carrier within 14 days without penalty and without any reason given.
- The cooling off period mentioned in article 3 is valid from the day following the establishment of the agreement.
product handling during the cooling off period
- During the cooling off period the consumer will handle the product and packaging with the utmost care. He will only unpack and use the product in such a way that is needed to determine the nature, features and proper function. The principle in this is that the consumer may only handle and inspect the product in such a way that he would be able to in a store.
- The consumer is responsible for the diminishment in value of the product as a result of handling which is different than the manner agreed upon in article 1.
exercising the right of withdrawal
- When the consumer makes use of the right of withdrawal, he will make this known to Raintap within the cooling off period through the withdrawal form or if different unequivocally so.
- As soon as possible, but within 14 days following the day mentioned in article 1, the consumer will send the product back or return this to (a representative of) Raintap. This will not be necessary if Raintap has offered to personally retrieve the product. The consumer has, at least, personally taken notice of the return period if he is returning the product before the cooling off period has ended.
- The consumer will return the product with all delivered accessories, if it is reasonably possible in its original state and packaging, compliant with the instructions given by Raintap.
- The risk and burden of proof for timely and correctly exercising the right of withdrawal falls upon the consumer.
- The consumer will carry the direct costs for the return of the product.
- If the transaction is set during the cooling off period, the consumer will owe a sum that is proportionate to the part of the commitment which is fulfilled by the contractor on the moment of withdrawal, compared to the complete fulfillment of the commitment.
obligations of Raintap with withdrawal
- If Raintap has made the withdrawal by the consumer possible through electronic means, he will unequivocally send a receipt of this message.
- Raintap will compensate all payments of the consumer, including the eventual delivery costs charged by Raintap for the returned product immediately, though within the 14 days following the day that the consumer has made the withdrawal known. Unless Raintap offers to personally retrieve the product, then he can wait to refund until he has received the product or until the consumer shows that the product has been returned, depending on which date is sooner.
- Raintap uses the same method for reimbursement that the consumer has used, unless the consumer agrees with another method. The reimbursement is completely free for the consumer.
- If the consumer has chosen a more expensive method of shipment than the cheapest standard shipment method, then Raintap does not have to reimburse for the more expensive method.